Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A problem with daughters

In my experience, daughters like to pick flowers more than sons. My girls were out in the yard today, and each one, without asking me, picked a bouquet of daffodils. J says her is for her teacher, assuming she's well enough to go to school tomorrow. This is not the first time my girls have raided my daffodils

Fortunatley, I grow lots of daffodils, so there are still many to enjoy outdoors.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Oh, also, when I was young my babysitter told me that when you pick a flower you break its neck. I almost never picked flowers after that because it made me sad. Of course it had its down side. A boy once picked flowers for me when I was in HS and without thinking I said 'Oh, you broke their necks!' and offended him. Oops!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I've never heard of the breaking neck thing. I like to pick flowers, too, but I'm careful to pick one or two from each clump so I don't pick any one spot clear.

If I know of bad weather coming, I'll pick every daffodil I can find so that rain or a hard freeze doesn't destroy them. I'd much rather enjoy them all in the house.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Your Daffies look lovely, very spring like. I often cut flowers from the garden 'cause I like to enjoy them inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home