Friday, June 12, 2009

End of the School Year!

It's today. The kids are home for the summer now. They're already bored. I had J go out today and clean algae off my siding in her swimsuit for entertainment. Then I let her play in the sprinkler for a few minutes.

My neighbor who lives in a shed has been listening to TV on his radio. That ended today with the demise of analog TV transmissions. He said he was listening to CBS on his radio at noon, when they ended with the national anthem and the radio went dead, just like the TV stations used to sign off at night when they used to shut down at night. Now it's shut off forever.

I'm not sure what he'll do for entertainment any more. He'd listen to everything all day, from Regis and Kelly to Rachael Ray. From the evening news to whatever prime time shows were on.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Your neighbour will really miss his radio, thats sad!

Hope the holidays are fun for you and the kids :) and not to much fighting!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Angela said...

He does miss his radio. I think he's now listening to conservative talk radio on the AM station like I like to do most of the day if I'm in the car, and in the evening while I'm cleaning the kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home