Monday, June 08, 2009

My son was building things with Legos a couple nights ago. This is my favorite of the pictures I took.

It feels like summer around here. When I step out of the house, I can hear the rustle of chipmunks and lizards in the bushes. I got two zucchinis and on summer squash out of my garden this morning.

N and J are done with school on Friday. The last three days of the week are only partial days. They are excited, but they complained all weekend about how bored they are. I don't think they realize summer will be like one long weekend.

We seem to have lost a children's library book. I'll renew it on line to give us time for it to turn up, but it seems to be gone. I'll be buying it soon enough. Normally, I only allow the kids to have their books when they are actually reading them. When they are done, I pop them back in the bag hanging from my bathroom door. When they were little, I never took them to the library so I wouldn't have to deal with this problem. We have plenty of kid's books all over the house, so it's not like they had nothing to read. Anyway, I let K get a book since the others got books. Hers, of course, is missing. I let her read it and forgot to track her back down to retrieve it.

Jessica made a cute tie-dyed t-shirt at a Daisy (Girl Scout) event this weekend. It came out pretty well. She earned her "Use Resources Wisely" petal from this.
K sees the doctor tomorrow for her three-year-old checkup. I am hoping she's already had her shots and won't need anything caught up. She's much more afraid of everything now that she's older.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I'm glad that you're nice and warm.... it's getting really chilly here. :-)

Wow, summer holidays already. That year's gone fast.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Yes, it's hard to believe that by the weekend I'll have a second grader, a fourth grader, and a preschooler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home