Irritated by neighbor
My neighbor, Mr. T (the one with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other who lives in a shed) came by my house this afternoon when I was playing my new Nancy Drew game with N and J. He asked me about having a party in honor of its being the 40th anniversary of our sending men to the moon.
I said I didn't feel like a party. He went away.
Later he came back and said he had invited all my neighbors, up to the corner (about six houses) to come to my house for a cookout this afternoon. He told them to bring their own food to put on the grill, and he didn't give them a time. I was quite annoyed with him. I hadn't planned on grilling today; I had planned to roast chicken breasts. We hoped everyone would ignore such a vague invitation from a drunken man. I asked him why he didn't at least give me some notice about a party I was supposed to host since I could have at least picked up something for the grill at the supermarket last night. He said it was spur of the moment. I asked him how that could be since he's known about the 40th anniversary of our landing on the moon for 40 years.
I had to clean up my house a little just in case, and Mr. K and Mr. T went to the store to get stuff to throw on the grill.
Only Mr. T came, thank goodness. It boggles the mind that someone would go and invite a bunch of people to my house to use my grill (which is very small) without asking me first and giving me at least a day's notice. It boggles my mind that anyone would invite people to use a charcoal grill without telling them what time the grill will be ready. I wonder if the alcohol is scrambling my neighbor's mind.

4 Comments:
Wow thats just crazy Angela, i'd be really, really annoyed! Glad noone came anyway but still...
That's crazy but oh so funny! I just laughed so very loudly!! After 9 days with my drunken Grandmother, oh my, how I sympathise with you about drunken loons!
I don't know what's up with my neighbor, but I hope I was politely able to get through to him that he can't just invite people to my house for a party.
I hope your grandma doesn't wear you out too much, Alycia. Drunks can drive you crazy.
His brain is pickled. I'm glad your other neighbours realised that it was not a good idea to turn up.
Post a Comment
<< Home