Saturday, October 24, 2009


Assuming Picasa blogs correctly, here is a picture of my carrot cake cupcake. Sadly, this is the best-looking one that I made. They tasted very good. The frosting was excellent. My cupcakes were ugly. Not only do I have no artistic talent but things went wrong.

Last time I made cupcakes from a modern recipe, I had the same problem. My batter overflowed the tin and cooked on. Then it stuck and got messy when I tried to remove the cupcake. In one pan, about six cupcakes were all joined together. What a mess! Obviously, I overfilled the tin. The recipe said it made 24 cupcakes, so I forced the batter into 24 cupcakes. I'd have been better off making a few extras that didn't overflow their cup. Since this happened to me recently, I'm wondering if modern cupcake tins hold slightly more batter than old ones. My tins are old.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

I have the opposite problem. My cupcakes often don't reach the top of the cupcake tin. I'll often just make 10 cupcakes from a recipe that's designed for 12. Perhaps we should swap tins. lol!

It does look very tasty. I love carrot cake. Is that cream cheese frosting?

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Angela said...

It is cream cheese frosting, and it tastes so good. That's what I like best about carrot cake.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

Hehe! Absolutely!! I save the icing until last.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home