Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More political influence?

I just got more political influence (although twice zero is still zero). I nag my senators and representatives rather often now, but I really wanted to nag the senators in Michigan. They wouldn't be interested in anything I say since I live in Virginia.

I found out a way. My dad is politically very similar in thought to me, but he'd never get on the phone and call a politician's office, e-mail them, or write them a letter.

I wrote a couple letters to them for his signature and e-mailed them to him, telling him to change anything he didn't like. He enlarged the font. Then he signed them and put them in the mail. Now I can nag twice as many senators on issues on which my father agrees with me and is willing to spring for the cost of stamps, paper, and envelopes.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I always use email. It's much cheaper and they are more likely to read it. I read that on Congress.com. They have aids that go through all the emails and such and organize them. I nag my senators and Congressmen all the time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home