Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Shopping and the Recession

I did a very small bit of shopping today. I took the girls to Ben Franklin crafts and let them get some art supplies. I was stunned by how busy the roads and parking lots were.

I also went to Staples (office supplies), and there were perhaps four customers there, which is busy for Staples.

Finally I went to Walgreens (a drug store), and the place was a madhouse. The parking lot was packed and cars were pulling in and out of spaces.

Anyway, you can't tell from the stores, parking lots, and roads, that we have been having a recession. I have noticed longer lines at some stores earlier this season, due, I think, to having fewer employees working at the stores.

Of course, one can't tell from all the cars and people out and about how much they are spending and how low retailers have made their profits just to bring people in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home