Friday, December 11, 2009

More life

I got my hair cut two days ago when K was at preschool. I had six inches removed from the back and four inches from the sides. Now it's shoulder-lengthed. I told the stylist that probably no one in my family would notice I had a haircut, but if anyone did, it would be my daughter (J).

At dinner I announced I had a haircut. No one had noticed. I guess we all just assume we look the same every day and don't look closely. I know I miss a lot of dirty faces until I glance at the kids out in public.

I'm trying to sort out my cupboards in my kitchen. I'm trying to get all the chicken broth together in one place, all the canned beans, all the canned tomatoes, all the cake mixes, all the pasta, etc. I had areas these things belong, but if I got home from the grocery store and there was no room, I just shoved the product anywhere it fit. I'm sure it will all get messed up again, but it's much better as I fix it.

I need to go to Mr. K's office later this afternoon to pick up the corporate monthly report stuff. His office manager won't be in on Monday, which is when I need to take it to the post office. Unfortunately (or not), she won't have it ready until it's almost time for the bus to arrive, so I will be leaving K with Mr. K while he waits for the school bus to bring N and J home for the weekend.

We're going to get our Christmas tree tonight. I don't know how far we will get with the decorations this evening, but it will be very nice if I can wrap some presents and get them out of my closet this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

Do you like your new haircut? That's a lot of hair to go! Does it feel lighter? And does it feel funny when you wash/brush your hair?

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Angela said...

My haircut is okay. It was a $14 haircut so it's nothing special like yours. It feels much lighter, and I can wash it in about half the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home