Happy Thanksgiving
We were supposed to go over to a friend's house for a weird Thanksgiving. We were going to bring over some venison and rabbit the night before to go into a Brunswick stew that our friend was going to start cooking over a fire pit early this morning. Anyway, I got a call Monday morning that it was cancelled. Their daughter had broken up with her boyfriend (I think he was living with her and her kids and probably helping make the rent). Anyway, the family is in disarry and is having financial problems so they just couldn't do the dinner after all.
It was hard to get my turkey thawed in time. I had it out of the fridge last night for a while, and I filled the space in the fridge with the pumpkin pie and some overnight refrigerator roll dough. We kept the thawing turkey in the trunk of my car. It got down to refrigerator temperatures last night. I still had to thaw it the final bit in water this morning.
Anyway, dinner was an hour or two earlier than I was expecting. Normally the turkey just won't cook and I run very late. This year I put the lid on the roaster for the first couple hours of cooking. I think it moved things along much faster.
We'll be eating turkey for a couple days. I got the turkey for less than $6, and it was just over 16 pounds.
It was hard to get my turkey thawed in time. I had it out of the fridge last night for a while, and I filled the space in the fridge with the pumpkin pie and some overnight refrigerator roll dough. We kept the thawing turkey in the trunk of my car. It got down to refrigerator temperatures last night. I still had to thaw it the final bit in water this morning.
Anyway, dinner was an hour or two earlier than I was expecting. Normally the turkey just won't cook and I run very late. This year I put the lid on the roaster for the first couple hours of cooking. I think it moved things along much faster.
We'll be eating turkey for a couple days. I got the turkey for less than $6, and it was just over 16 pounds.


2 Comments:
Gee that's cheap for turkey, just over a dollar a kilo. We enjoy eating turkey but I don't like cooking them. I cheat and buy turkey breast rolls that you still have to bake but they only take an hour or so.
Happy Thanksgiving.
The price was a promotion to get me to shop at the store I already go to.
We don't like turkey very much, but sometimes I buy it at Thanksgiving when the price get so low.
Post a Comment
<< Home