Use by May 2001
I was making a pork roast, and one of the ingredients was rosemary. I don't often cook with rosemary, but I did find some. My bottle said, "Use by May 2001." I used it on my roast anyway. After all, my mom is still using a tin of whole cloves from the 1960s, and no one has become ill yet. It just doesn't have much flavor.
In May 2001, I had just become pregnant for J. I'm sure I was throwing up a lot. The world was a different place; you could greet people on airplanes right at the gate (as N and I did that March when his aunt visited us). I didn't have any rental houses to worry me yet, but I had quit my job that January to stay home with N, and we were just finding out how much my lack of income would impact us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home