Monday, June 20, 2011

Cucumbers

My garden is producing all the cucumbers I can eat right now, and I love cucumbers. I think this will continue for a few days. Usually the plants start to die off after the peak of cucumber production. I don't have enough to try to can pickles, and I don't have any dill anyway. Most of my cucumbers are slicing cucumbers, anyway.

I have little green tomatoes on the plants, so maybe next month I'll have a surplus of tomatoes, but I didn't plant very many tomato plants this year. My jalapeno peppers are a long way from harvest. Those plants haven't even begun to bloom.

I think my raspberry crop peaked over the weekend. We've had lots of rain in the past two days, and a lot of the raspberries are molding without ripening now.

My soybeans are both blooming and forming pods, so I might have edamame in about three weeks if I'm remembering correctly how long it takes for the pods to mature.

N is still gone on vacation. I miss him, but it's nice to have the fighting reduced by half around here.

3 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

I'm positively green with envy. Your garden sounds fabulous!!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

It's freezing cold here but I felt warm when I pictured your garden :-)

I hope N had a great time. It's nice that he got to go away with his friend.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I enjoy my garden very much. I'm glad it's not winter here, but our turn will come soon enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home