Earthquake
Some of this text is lifted from the Trixie Clubhouse.
I was in a computer lab at my second day of nursing school. At first it sounded like wind. Then one lady said it was the air conditioner. It got louder and the building shook. I said if that was the air conditioner, the building wouldn't still be standing. After the tremor stopped, we evacuated out to the lawn where we'd go for a fire alarm. We weren't exactly sure what to do since we had only discussed fire alarms and what to do for a tornado. No one was expecting an earthquake.
People tried calling their families while we waited, but few calls would go through. We were finally told we could go back inside, and the lessons continued.
This was the second time I've been aware I was in an earthquake. It was much stronger and longer than the first time. As far as I can tell, my home suffered no damage.
Now we wait for Hurricane Irene. From what I know of the current path, we are expecting rain more than wind, but the forecasts can change quickly. I think it is expected to get here on Saturday.

4 Comments:
I've never been in an earthquake that I was aware of. When I was in college about 10 years ago there was an earthquake in Knoxville, but I slept through it. Glad your home didn't get damaged and I hope there are no more tremors.
Glad you are okay Angela, take care
I hope you're having a good first week.
I thought of you when I heard it on the news. I haven't seen the TV news but I'm sure they would have shown some footage. I've felt a couple of earthquakes, it's a strange sensation.
What do you have to do for a tornado? I hope Irene blows out of steam :-)
We go to a computer lab in the center of the building for tornadoes. I think Irene won't do much but rain and some wind here. It is toward the coast where it will be more destructive.
My Saturday class was cancelled this afternoon because of the threat of Irene.
Post a Comment
<< Home