Friday, August 12, 2011

Almost out of time

School begins in two Mondays. I have a required meeting next Tuesday for a couple hours. I've got almost everything done except there is something called a "skills bag" that I don't have yet because the student book store doesn't have them yet. My supplies will cost well over $1200 for the term (books, uniforms, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, background check). It's expensive but not unexpected. I'm going the cheapest way possible to become a nurse, too, by picking a community college.

My mom arrives on the 21st in order to take care of my kids for the final two weeks before their classes begin. My school begins two weeks before the kids'. I think I get an extra week of Christmas vacation in January, and I'm guessing I'll be done for the year in May about a month before they finish up in June. I'm guessing I'll take three on-line classes next summer to get them out of the way. It's possible I'll be able to knock one out next term because I think I only have one nursing class (but it's a lot of credits) next term.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I bet you are looking forward to getting back so you can get it all over with sooner and get a nursing job. How much longer until you graduate?

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Angela said...

It will take me two years to finish. Then I have to pass a national test before I can get certification.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Not long to go. I'm excited for you, you've worked hard to get this far.
It's great that your Mum can come down and give you a hand.
It's hard to believe that K is starting school soon, seems like she only just learnt to crawl a short while ago :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home