Pressure cooking a cockerel
I am pressure cooking a cockerel. We have a few extras this year from when Frenchie hatched a setting of eggs.
My mom is coming tomorrow to stay for a couple weeks, until school starts for the kids. Mr. K wants to make dinner for her. He's calling it "yard stew." He wants to use ingredients we get from our yard. I'll be donating the broth from this chicken (and probably some meat).
We'll be scavenging the garden for things like beans and tomatoes. I have Swiss chard and some burdock root. I have onions and carrots. I have a small kabocha squash (Japanese pumpkin). I have basil and thyme. He may dig up day lily roots. He's letting me use salt, pepper, and vegetable oil to put in my broth, so he'll allow a few things we don't scavenge.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home