Harry Potter
Last night I took N and J to see the last Harry Potter movie at the theater.
I have always wanted to see one at the theater so I could enjoy the special effects as they were intended. I'd only seen the first two movies on DVD, but since I've read the books at least two times per book (earlier books more times), I figured I'd still know what was going on.
I had heard the movie wasn't doing well, and I wanted to wait until the crowds would be down before we saw it. I figured enough time had passed. I was right. The kids and I were the only ones watching the movie, so we were able to talk through the movie, and J explored the theater for a bit during the showing.
It wasn't great, but I am so glad to have finally seen a Harry Potter movie at the theater. It's also good that it was the last one, or the kids would be nagging me to see the next one at the theater, and I'll pass on that. Last time we saw a movie at the theater was Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief. Before that it was the Nancy Drew movie. I probably got one to two years or more between theater movies.

2 Comments:
I haven't been to the movies for ages.... it's so expensive over here for a family to see a movie. A 3D movie is $21 for an adult and $17 for a child. The cheapest tickets are $11 (non 3D) each and that's only at some cinemas on a Tuesday.
I think I paid $9.25 for my ticket and $6.50 for each of the kids. I spent $10 getting each of the two kids their own small popcorn and pop. I don't think the movie was 3D. If it was, we didn't have glasses.
I'm surprised your movies are so expensive considering how little our dollar is worth these days.
Post a Comment
<< Home