Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Busy Week

Mr. K, N, and J are at scout camps this week. K and I are home entertaining each other. I took her to the pool tonight because it was about 100 degrees outside (literally). We weren't in the water long enough, when a lifeguard blew his whistle and announced the pool was closed. Poop had been discovered in the pool, so the pool had to close while the poop was removed and more chlorine was added to the pool. Then it had to sit for a couple hours. Since it would have closed anyway before two hours were up, they closed it down for the night.

I sent J a letter yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday). She comes home Friday so I'm hoping she'll get the letters by Thursday's mail. Mr. K and N come home Saturday.

This morning K and I helped Fred go through Mr. T's old shed looking for anything of keepsake value to give to Mr. T's son, Zack, who is flying in for Mr. T's funeral today. We found Mr. T's dad's military pins and things. We found pictures. I found a letter from 1986 from Mr. T's mom to Mr. T, Kim (Zack's mom), and Zack. It was very sweet and you could tell how much she loved them all.

Tomorrow K and I will go to Mr. T's memorial service. Mr. T's funeral will be Thursday in North Carolina. We won't be going to that. I want to try to get Zack's e-mail address so I can send him some pictures of his dad.

Later this morning, I went to the office to do invoicing. K sat in a room and watched Curious George on DVD. We had to get home in time for having K's friend Sarah come over for a visit. Sarah was here for about three hours, and the girls started bickering at about two-and-a-half hours. Next time I think two hours would work better.

I've spent the past two days trying to get signed up for my three nursing classes this fall. There was a scheduling problem with the Friday class such that the only labs that weren't full ran right through the lecture. That got fixed today so now I'm registered for everything I'll need to take this fall. I'm not actually getting all the sections I had preferred, but it has worked out such that I think I will be able to wait for the bus with J and K on the first day of school.

I need to go clean the kitchen. Then perhaps I can watch some TV before I go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home