Survived the storm
We had huge wind/thunderstorms go through here last night. I think it was something called a derecho. We're having more tonight, but the wind isn't so bad. Our high yesterday was over 100 °F. I think it was today, too, but it didn't seem quite so hot.
Last night when the wind swept through, we lost power for about fifteen minutes. It came back on and went out again. This happened about five times as midnight approached. Finally the power remained on.
I had figured with the heat today, we'd go to the pool. It turns out the pool and the neighborhood outside the pool (we're slightly outside the neighborhood) had no power so the pool was closed. I felt especially bad for all the people with no air conditioning (since no power) who also couldn't cool off in the pool since it was closed.
I expect our power might go off with the storms tonight, but I hope not. Around the state, especially in northern Virginia, a lot of people have no power so I imagine getting ours back on is not a priority. I just hope it remains on. The last round of storms seems to be ending, but more might form yet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home