Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Another Swim Meet

We had another swim meet this evening.  It was so HOT outside.  I was a mini-mite/mite mom again (rounding up the little kids for their races).  I pretty much know the names of all the kids ages 5 through 8. 

K made it all the way across the pool freestyle without touching the lane lines (a first for her--until now she's stopped, hung onto the line and caught her breath).  It was very exciting to see.

Afterwards we (people from the swim team) went to Sonic (a drive-in restaurant with the food arriving at your car or outdoor table brought by people on roller skates).  The kids had a great time running around with the other kids.  It was after 10 p.m. before we got home.

The last two meets are going to be at our pool.  Instead of mini-mite/mite mom, I'll be a bake sale assistant.  I think I get to sit down to do that job.  Swim team will be over before July is over.

Tomorrow we'll probably be at the pool too much because there will be stuff going on all day there to celebrate Independence Day.  The kids love diving for pop.  I get to dive for beer.  I still have my four cans from last year.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds fun. Are you doing summer classes?

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I am taking an on-line computer class and an on-line nutrition class. Both are needed for my nursing program.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home