Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Preparations

We got our tree last weekend and the kids decorated it after I put the lights on.  I'm glad they like to put the ornaments up because I do not like to.  We have our advent wreath on the dining room table, and we light candles at dinner.  St. Nicholas came and put candy in the kids' shoes on the night between the 5th and the 6th of December.  A few presents are wrapped for Mr. K.  I've tested one refrigerator cookie dough type.

I still need to get out all the presents for the kids, make sure we've spent rather evenly among them, and put stuff in a pile for J's birthday, which is one week prior to Christmas.   I need to test out more refrigerator cookie dough recipes and make more of the one I made last night since it is probably the only one the kids will like.  My calendar is filling rapidly with Christmas things.  J is playing the recorder at school for a Christmas play, we will probably go caroling with the Girl Scout troop, I'll take J on a Girl Scout trip to look at tacky Christmas lights (it lasts until 10 p.m., which is too late for K), and I told the kids (N and J) I'll take them to see The Hobbit.

Mr. K is getting periodontal work and then wisdom tooth extraction tomorrow as long as I can keep him from chickening out and canceling the whole thing.  I'll have to drop the girls off at daycare early so we can make the first appointment.  Unfortunately, it will take two different doctors to get the work done.  A periodontist does the first thing and an oral surgeon does the second.

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J and my Dan have the same problem, a birthday close to Xmas. D's is a week after Xmas.
I have plenty to do between work and L's school concerts. D is doing work experience so he's out of school for the last two weeks.... yeah :-)
I'm looking forward to seeing the Hobbit. My kids don't know it yet but there off to Queensland to stay with my parents for a week. Mr Wazz and I might toddle off to see it when they're away :-)
take care
Brilly (Jo)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I hope you and Mr. G have a lovely time at the movies. I hear it's a long movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home