Still tired
I'm still tired. N woke up in the night, crying. I didn't notice that. I was awakened by K leaving the bed to see what was going on. He had a nightmare. He dreamed he was being chased by a bumble bee. K had to put him in the family room with a Bob-the-Builder video running to get him to calm down enough to go back to bed. Even though he had the volume very low, the sound kept me from falling back asleep. I think it lasted about 45 minutes. The only thing that separates my room from the family room is a pair of French doors.
J was very tired today, too. She and N still share a bedroom so she was awakened by the commotion. She had a couple falls from being so tired. Once was at the supermarket. She was climbing on the cart while I was writing the check (I still can't watch her and write a check). She fell off the cart and landed on her face. Later she was upside down on our couch (why, I don't know) and fell off, bumping her head on the floor. Then she was very fussy all day and pulled the stunt of telling me she wanted something when she didn't or that she didn't want something when she did, and then she'd have a temper tantrum when she didn't get it. She definitely had more temper tantrums than usual today. Finally I made her stay in her room until she fell asleep. Now she's up and much happier.
N is mad at me. Even though he refused to eat what we were having at dinner, I insisted he sit with us while we ate. He was grumpy because he wanted to watch TV. He was not much fun as a dinner companion. Fortunately, my husband didn't rush off with his plate of dinner today to see the local news when it began. Instead he stayed and helped enforce my requiring N's presence at the table.
My husband got a write-up in today's business section in the part where they spotlight small business owners. That's good. I learned from the article that he had borrowed some money from one of his brothers when he first began the business. At that time, we had been dating for nearly three years, but he never mentioned the loan to me. I can't complain, though, because we weren't married at the time. I asked him about the loan since I'd never heard about it before. It was a small loan he paid off in full long ago and insisited his brother accept interest.
I made some Mexican rice today. I watched it being made Saturday on my current favorite cooking show, America's Test Kitchen. I have the cookbook that goes with this season's programming. There were many steps, but none were difficult. The simplest part was that the whole thing ends up baking in the oven. It was the first time I'd ever put that saute pan and lid in the oven. I knew it was supposed to be able to go in the oven. The recipe actually called for cilantro, and I HATE cilantro so I picked some parsley from the back yard and used that instead.
Right now that's the only cooking show I watch. I don't have cable TV or satellite TV so I have to rely upon PBS for cooking shows.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home