Humidity
Humidity. That's pretty much the only thing on my mind as I sit here, typing and sweating. I suppose I could turn the air conditioning cooler, but I'm not sure it would do a lot for the humidity. Plus I'm too cheap. I keep the air as warm as I can stand it and the printer doesn't jam (humidity makes the printer jam). My husband has borrowed my dehumidifier for his honey extraction project, and normally I run it all day long in my bedroom in the summer.
Tomorrow K and the kids will extract honey from the frames. Also, we've signed up for a county class on honey bees at the local library, and we'll all be going to that in the afternoon. The presenter will bring an observation hive so we can see what the inside of a hive looks like. The kids and I have never seen inside K's hives.
I went to my friend's house today. We were there nearly four hours. She had a little kiddie pool set and a sprinkler the kids played with. I've invited her and her children over next Friday. We don't have any swingset-things like she does, or even a kiddie pool. I'll have to try to come up with stuff we can do outside even if it is hot and humid.
We had pizza for dinner. I actually ordered it instead of cooking a frozen pizza. It was much better. We almost never do that any more, but before I was a stay-at-home mom (when we were a two-income family), every Friday night was pizza night, and we'd have it delivered.
The new Harry Potter book comes out tomorrow. When the fifth book came out, I had a prepaid voucher from a local book store, and I got out of bed to get to the bookstore so that I could exchange the voucher for the book just after midnight. This time I didn't bother. I might try to get the book this weekend, but if it's sold out, I'll just wait until it's available. I'll enjoy reading it, but I'm in no hurry.
K is making hard boiled eggs. We have eggs and zucchini going out our ears. Perhaps I should try making a zucchini fritatta. Unfortunately, I'm the only one here who would consider eating such a thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home