Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Phone out again

My phone is out again. I have no dial tone, but I have Internet connection. I reached the repair person, and my phone should get this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I don't need to remain home this time since they are pretty sure the problem is outside the house. Something wasn't right last time, and the repair guy told me it might go out if it rained (it's been raining for days) so he gave me his direct phone number so I wouldn't have to go through the phone maze torture to set up a repair time and then make sure I was home all day to wait for the repair.

I was at the YMCA this morning to excercise, and I'll be going back this afternoon unless it is thunderstorming so the kids can have their swimming lessons. Not a lot is happening today.

Tomorrow the kids and I are going to a friend of mine's house. She has a pair of twin girls whose ages are between N and J's. She also has a son who is about three. Unfortunately, when I saw her briefly at church Sunday to ask her if her outfit was still regular clothing or if she was wearing maternity clothing, she told me she had miscarried. I was stunned and very sorry I had asked. She was at least 13 or maybe 14 weeks pregnant. Last summer or early fall she miscarried at about six or seven weeks, which I think is a lot more normal. Anyway, I haven't seen her (except briefly at church Sunday) since June 8, when she visited us. At that time she was fine, pregnant, and starting to show (she's very skinny).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home