Friday, November 03, 2006

TGIF?

I guess. It really doesn't matter much what day it is.

Today I went to the gym. At the gym, I rode an excercise bike next to a woman using another and reading Body Clutter. I asked her if the book was any good because I have thought about purchasing it. Anyway, it is co-written by Marla Cilley, The Flylady. This lady and I got talking, and we discovered we were both Flybabies who had never met another Flybaby before. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, see www.flylady.net. It's a system for organizing/keeping organized and clean one's home and life. She told me she'd lend me the book after she's done. I'm glad because I'm not sure I actually want to own it. I own the Flylady's book Sink Reflections, and I've only read it once and it's sat on my shelf for about three years.

J and I made chocolate chip-oatmeal cookies this afternoon. I ate most of them.

This afternoon I got the insurance arranged for the house Mr. K and I are trying to purchase. We finally found one. It's a definite fixer-upper. Unfortunately, it lacks a kitchen right now, but the price was very good. The kitchen thing presents quite a problem, though. We can't get a mortgage on it with out its having a kitchen. So, we have to pay cash, which uses up nearly all our savings. Then we have to use the line of credit on our home to get the kitchen put in. Finally, once it has a kitchen, we can get the mortgage and pay off the line of credit and replenish our savings. This property should rent for perhaps two or three hundred dollars more than the monthly mortgage, tax, and insurance payments we hope, once we have it fixed up and ready for a tenant. Nothing else we had looked at even came close to having positive cash flow. We are supposed to have closing in a couple weeks. Once I'm sure we own it, I'll upload some pictures.

I saw K crawl about four "steps" today. I'm going to make sure she's doing it more consistantly before I announce she can actually crawl. I expect to declare her really crawling very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home