Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I ramble too much to think of one

N stayed home from school today because he was complaining that his stomach hurts. He seems fine now, and I wish he had gone to school. Every time he misses school, it seems like it takes him a week to get his homework all caught up.

I couldn't go to the gym this morning since I had to stay home with N. If I'm lucky, there will be time after giving the kids baths tonight.

K just walked into the computer room with a nickel-sized button battery in her mouth. I have no idea where she found it. I think they contain mercury, but the battery doesn't seem to be breached. Probably N or J left some toy around that K broke into and stole the battery. Yesterday she was wandering around with N's cheapy digital camera. Raising babies can be very stressful. Keeping choke hazards and other inappropriate items away was easier with N and J because we didn't have older kids leaving stuff around.

This afternoon, K was wandering around with Brenna's (the cat's) glass custard bowl that I put canned cat food into every morning. She was leaving a wet trail as she walked. I quickly discovered she had dumped Brenna's water all over herself and her diaper was poopy. Fortunately, I got the glass bowl away before it was broken. Hopefully she didn't eat any of Brenna's food, but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't help herself.

K is sort of hard on Brenna. I try to teach her to stay away, but she can't resist hitting her in an effort to pet her and pulling on her ears and tail. One thing I try especially hard to teach her is to leave Brenna alone when she's eating, and to stay away from her food area (see how I fail). Brenna doesn't mind being touched while she eats, but a lot of animals will bite under those circumstances, and I want K to learn not to bug animals while they eat so she doesn't even think about trying it on a different animal.

Enough for now; I have to put dinner together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home