None
I was going to type a bit. I thought K was amused, playing with N and J. They've since gone outside, and she's trying to hit the keyboard every chance she gets, which makes typing difficult.
We've had warm weather today. I think we've gotten well in to the 80s. It's sunny and lovely.
J had Lunch Bunch today so I didn't pick her up from preschool until 2 p.m. I think I'm coming down with something along with my seasonal allergies. K and I fell asleep around 1 p.m., and I didn't wake up until the timer on my stove went off at 1:45 p.m. so I could gather up K and go get J.
J didn't want to nap when she got home (I'd been hoping). She doesn't nap any more. I had been hoping she and K would nap so I could go back to sleep. Instead she wanted to play Monopoly. She beat me. It was quite a torture. I have to tell her what the total is on the dice every time she rolls, and I have to handle her money for her since she can't count it up yet. I almost ought to just play two characters by myself. I'm not sure why J likes to play it.
Mr. K's family is coming for a visit early next month. They're planning to arrive the evening of Holy Thursday, and leave on that Saturday after only spending a day here. We are about 700 miles away. They are driving. This is very typical for them to spend more time in the car getting here and going home than they actually spend with us. We are looking forward to seeing them, but not getting our hopes up. Except for Kate's baptism, they've canceled last minute each time they've planned to visit since their visit for J's second birthday.
My mom is planning to visit later in April. She'll stay for several days. I'm still working at arranging my sterilization surgery to be during her visit. If I can't get it this April, it will have to wait until April 2008 when she visits again.

2 Comments:
I hope you play the quick version of Monopoly where you can buy on your first go around and you can add houses even if you don't own the whole street :-) Otherwise you'd be there all day!
My kids like 'Game of Life' because you have money, a car and you get to choose between going to university or getting a trade as well as choosing between buying insurance (life/house/car) or not. Sometime what you choose works out and other times it doesn't.... just like life.
I hope you can get your surgery scheduled while your Mum is visiting.
No, we didn't play the quick version of Monopoly. I didn't know there was one. It sounds like a good idea, though. The game ended when I hit J's boardwalk with two houses for the second time. The first time I had to mortgage almost everything. The second time I could have just paid the bill if I sold off the last of my houses on the pink properties and then mortgaged all of them. I'd have had less than $20. I wanted the game over and didn't see how I could recover from such a blow so I just gave her all my money and properties and told her she won.
I haven't played Life since I was a kid. We had it growing up, but I don't own it at this time. Maybe I'll look into it when J gets a little older.
What I like a lot is Clue, but N is barely old enough and Mr. K hates board games. I was hoping to play when my mom visits if I can talk her into it.
I hope my surgery works out, too. I left a message for the surgery coordinator today to confirm I have the 18th.
Post a Comment
<< Home