Thursday, May 31, 2007

Headache/sinus infection

N had bad headaches again this week, so I set up an appointment with the pediatric neurologist. Unfortunately, there is a long wait for new patient appointments, so our appointment is July 25. I had been hoping to get everything under control by next school year, but that won't leave long before school starts in September.

Mr. K has had a sinus infection for a while he thinks. He's planning to wait this one out and not go to the doctor. He seems to get one bad one a year, and the doctor prescribes antibiotics, and each time Mr. K stops taking them before he's finished them because they tear his digestive system apart. He gets horrid diarrhea and cramps and stuff. Anyway, he seems to be getting worse and has developed a cough. I woke up a lot in the night, and every time I woke up, Mr. K was awake. I had to good fortune to fall back asleep right away each time. I don't think Mr. K did.

When the girls and I got home from playgroup, we found Mr. K was napping in our bedroom. K was asleep too (fell asleep in the car), so I kept J very quiet so Mr. K could get a little sleep. He seemed to sleep better during the day than he did at night. I think he got over two hours of sleep after we got home, and I don't know how long he had been asleep before we got home.

This evening I made a run first to Target and then to Walgreens (drugstore). With Mr. K ill, we've been running low on or out of lots of our over-the-counter medicines like Benadryl, Tylenol, cough drops, and cough medicine. I think I needed about eight things. I could only find a few of the things in store brand at Target (about half the price as name brand) so I had to go to Walgreens, too, where I found the rest of my list in store brand. Anyway, my medicine chest is pretty well stocked right now, but if Mr. K doesn't get better soon, I'll run out again. Personally, I think he should see the doctor, but I can't force him to go. I may sleep on the hide-a-bed in the livingroom tonight since I slept so poorly last night because Mr. K's not sleeping much kept waking me up. If I do, though, the kids and the cat will probably make me get up early.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Must have been hard for J to stay quiet for 2 hours. I remember days like that. I was never able to stay quiet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home