Busy weekend
I've spent most of the afternoon working on Mr. K's business stuff. His month end stuff is mostly due by July 15 for last month. Tomorrow I need to bring the sales tax stuff home and figure out what we owe for the second quarter of 2007. I forgot to get the stuff for this weekend, but it worked out fine since there was so much to do with the monthly reporting stuff.
Last night I took N and J while Mr. K watched K and we met my friend Debbie (that I sometimes go to lunch with) at the movie theater and saw the Nancy Drew movie. It wasn't a great movie, and I wasn't expecting a great movie, so it was a lot of fun. It was N and J's second movie ever. Their first movie was a couple years ago--Shrek 2. I haven't been to the movies since then, either. It was very expensive. I think it cost a lot more than last time I was at the movies, but last time we saw an afternoon showing, which would have had cheaper tickets.
For our three tickets (2 kids, 1 adult), I spent $21.50. I got each kids a kid snack thing--small pop, popcorn, and candy. The two of them came to $10.50. I spent $1.50 in tolls getting to the theater and back. I think that's $33.50. How do people afford to date? My friend Debbie goes to the movies and out to eat with her husband quite often (compared to me), but they both work, and they don't have any kids.
Mr. K told me that K spent most of the time I was gone wandering around the house calling out, "Mama! Mama!" Finally he put her to bed. She was happy to see me in the morning, but no more so than usual so I think she forgot I had abandoned her last night.

2 Comments:
Movies are expensive here too. It's $13 per ticket so that's $65 for our family without food or drink.
We like to go to the drive in where it's $20 per car and you can take your own food. We have a station wagon so we pop a futon mattress in the back and take our own chicken and drinks. It's fun in the summer time.
I think the drive in sounds like a good idea. I don't have a station wagon, though, but your way of seeing movies sounds fun. I drive a sedan with the kids packed way too tightly. I'm not sure if there are any drive-ins around here. Most of them have closed since I was a kid. There are still places that will play artsy or old (meaning after they've been released for a while) movies for a dollar or so, I think. I've never been to one in Virginia, but I used to go in Michigan.
Post a Comment
<< Home