None
My car has been fine since it went to the mechanics'.
We are probably going to go to the county fair tomorrow. This year I don't think they were selling any discounted ride tickets before the fair started, so we'll have to pay full price. That means we won't be doing more than a ride or two for N and J. A ride ticket costs $1 for a ticket. If you buy 30 tickets, you can get them for $27. Each ride costs two to five tickets. Lunch will be deep fried and expensive.
J's kindergarten orientation was today. I skipped it since it is too hard to do with small children (as I discovered at N's when J was little). We found out Wednesday that J has the only other kindergartener she knows at her school (the little sister of one of N's friends) in her class. We are very pleased because there are five kindergarten classes so the chance of this happening wasn't great. All J's preschool friends live where they will go to different schools (richer neighborhoods). Since I wasn't going to orientation, I gave J's bag of school supplies to the mom of her friend, and she took it when she went to orientation. She also brought me back a packet of information that I need to look at and fill out. That was very nice of her.
School begins Tuesday, right after Labor Day. We're doing the fair tomorrow, having a cookout and camp fire Sunday, and I'm not sure what we'll be doing on Monday, our last day before school's starting.
I took N and J to the shoe store after playgroup yesterday. Both of them needed shoes 1 1/2 sizes bigger than the shoes they were wearing. No wonder they had been complaining their feet hurt when they had to wear their shoes during Vacation Bible School! N and J have worn sandals all summer except at Vacation Bible School. The kids behaved pretty badly at the shoe store, and K got into everything and tried to rearrange all the shoe displays. I remembered why I delayed taking the kids in.
We had rabbit with rice and gravy for dinner. The kids actually ate dinner. That's one thing (besides bacon and pancakes) that they'll eat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home