Thursday, August 23, 2007

Six stitches

Mr. K is back. He was gone less than 1 1/2 hours. It was actually closer to 1 hour. I'm impressed. He said the waiting room was nearly empty, and since his head wasn't actively bleeding, he left the towel in the truck so everyone could see the bloody mess all over his head. He figures that got him service even more quickly.

Antibiotics tear his digestive system apart, so he talked the doctor out of prescribing them now. If his cut starts to get infected, though, he'll need to go back and get some. I sprayed his hat with Lysol this evening to try to kill any germs in it to keep them from getting in his wound tomorrow. It's a good thing he wears a hat as part of his uniform. He can't wash his hair for a while. They shaved it in the area of the stitches. He keeps his hair so short you can see his scalp, and what you can see now has quite a bit of dried blood on it. The stitched area itself has some type of gel on it.

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad he is ok, sounds like a lot of bad excitement at your house tonight, typical about the battery...could you try jump starting it?

Hope Mr K doesn't get an infection and his head doesn't hurt to much tomorrow!!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Angela said...

When my husband has time to watch all the kids (hopefully this evening), I'll have him jump start the car. Then I'll drive it to a local auto parts store at which they will install a new battery in the parking lot for me. Then I hope all will be well unless it turns out something was wrong with the car itself (like the alternator) that killed the battery.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Ouch!! I hope MrK's head doesn't hurt too much.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I haven't heard him complain about the pain yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home