Trouble
Mr. K is at the local urgent care facility. He cut his head open (about a 2-inch gash) by bumping it on the sheet metal roof over the rabbits when he was feeding them. It bled very much. He soaked a bunch of paper towels before I gave him a dishcloth. As soon as I had a peek, I started loading everyone into the car, telling him it looked like he'd need to see a doctor. We got into the car, and it wouldn't start. The battery was dead.
Fortunately, my neighbor who doesn't actually live in her house yet although she's owned it for about three years (not the neighbor with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other) was at her house mowing the lawn. She was willing to do whatever we needed to help. I know she teaches health at the local community college. I asked her if she'd had first aid. She said she teaches first aid. She came into the house (I think Mr. K had hoped everyone would just leave him alone and let him be), and I got her some vinyl gloves. She looked at Mr. K's head and said it looked like it would need stitches, but she also mentioned the bleeding had pretty much stopped.
She offered to take Mr. K to the local urgent care place, but in the end, he refused and drove himself in the truck since the bleeding had stopped. I wasn't happy, but with my battery dead, there wasn't much I cold do.
He's been gone nearly an hour. I don't expect him back for a long time. There's usually a long wait at that place. No appointments are necessary, and they don't make appointments at all. Because they are opened until 10 p.m. and no appointments are necessary, Mr. K made that place his primary care physician for our insurance. I did that a long time ago myself, but they aren't very competent and couldn't identify my Lyme Disease, my cellulitis, and misdiagnosed me with a kidney infection when I only had an adverse reaction to the antibiotic I was taking for a bladder infection. Mr. K prefers convenience to quality so he kept them. I'm sure they'll know how to stitch him up. The other great thing about this place is that they are about 1 1/4 mile from our house, and you don't need to get on a busy street to get there.
Tomorrow Mr. K is supposed to show the rental house to someone. When he comes home, I need to ask him about canceling that appointment. I'll need him to watch the kids tomorrow evening so I can get the battery replaced. If the battery isn't replaced, I won't be able to go with him to look at houses Saturday, and he'll have to take J by himself in his truck to a birthday party she's invited to Saturday afternoon.
Isn't it amazing the way the battery died (it only started giving indications of trouble this morning) right when I needed it for an emergency?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home