Got my toilet seats!
I got my two plastic, antimicrobial toilet seats for Christmas. I just went to install the one in my bathroom, and I couldn't get the plastic nut on the corroded metal bolt on the old one to break loose. Mr. K tried. He couldn't. He tried cutting the bolt with a cordless reciprocating saw he has, but he couldn't fit it into the tight space that houses the toilet. He tried a hand-held mini hack saw, but concluded that since he could only move it about an inch each way, he'd be there forever. To get the nuts and bolts off, we'd probably have to take the toilet out. I'm not that interested in replacing the seat.
All our fruitless work crushed and deformed the plastic nut. I suggested melting it, but Mr. K thought that was a bad idea.
I went to the toilet in our main bathroom, and was able to get that seat off since it had been in place for less time. I installed the new toilet seat, and I'll see if I can keep a plastic seat looking cleaner. Meanwhile, I guess I'll put my new seat in the attic. Perhaps one day I'll find enough ambition to try again to remove the plastic nuts. I suggested trying to cut them away with a utility knife, but Mr. K thought that wouldn't work either. I'm still thinking about trying.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home