Saturday, June 07, 2008

Rambling

Our newest tenant paid her rent on time!!! Mr. K had to go to their house today to change a fluorescent lightbulb, and she gave him the rent as she was supposed to. I'm happy and amazed.

We have two tenants in the process of eviction. We have the writ of possession in both cases, and are waiting for the appointment with the sheriff for one, and have to wait one more day to set up an eviction day/time with the sheriff for the other. Mr. K would probably call it off if they can get the cash to us before the time with the sheriff, but it's not likely they will. The one for which we have an appointment scheduled for later this month sent us a check for only half the amount, and it bounced. The other just told us nine days ago that she'd get the money in the mail right away.

We hit 104 °F today. It was quite uncomfortable, but really the humidity wasn't as bad as it could have been. I got most of my laundry dried in about two hours per load, and when I brought it in, it felt as warm as if I had used the drier.

Mr. K has told my neighbor he can keep some jugs of water in the freezer in our screen porch that Mr. K uses for some of his honey bee projects. We don't keep the screen porch locked, but it does abut my bedroom without any blinds (because the kids broke a lot of the vertical blind slats) to protect me from view from the screen porch. Because of this, I've told my neighbor he must knock first to make sure it's okay with me to enter my screen porch. If I'm not home, it doesn't matter.

My neighbor uses our phone number for stuff now. His son called a couple days ago to tell him he got his girlfriend pregnant. She's five weeks pregnant. He is the kind of guy who can't hold down a job. He lives probably as far from here as my family does, so he never sees his dad. My neighbor has said the "apple didn't fall far from the tree" to describe his son (in an unflattering way).

2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I'm glad to read that you have a good tenant..... they're worth their weight in gold.

Sorry to read that it's been so hot and sorry to read that your neighbour acknowledges that the apple rarely falls far from the tree. It sounds like he's actually a smart man.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I've had very interesting conversations with my neighbor. He's not well educated in a traditional manner, and he sometimes lacks good grammar, but he knows a lot of things and is very interesting to talk with. Too bad he's an alcoholic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home