Monday, October 26, 2009

Flu?

J woke me up in the night because she was thirsty but got dizzy every time she tried to get up. I got her water and checked her temperature. It was 102.5 ° under her arm. She's home watching TV instead of going to school. I've noticed she's got a cough, too. I'm guessing she has the flu, and I've heard that if you have flu right now, the odds are it's the Mexican swine flu, H1N1.

N woke up very cranky and tired. He said he didn't stay up late. He didn't have the flu, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up with a fever in the next day or so. Someone I spoke with at playgroup Friday said the flu had gone through her family, and for a couple of her daughters, it started with fatigue.

I'm feeling extra tired today, too. It might just be hypochondria, though, or maybe I'm tired because I was awakened in the night.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

I hope J is better soon and that you and the rest of your family stay flu free.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Hope it isn't swine flu!! Get better soon J!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Actually I hope it is swine flu. It's milder than regular flu, but it spreads faster.

J has a fever (102+ °F)today and threw up a couple times, but she's feeling well enough to play computer games. When I've had normal flu before, I spent the first couple days far too ill to go to the doctor's. All I could do was lie in bed, drifting in and out of sleep for a couple days while the fever raged and I ached with every movement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home