Monday, November 30, 2009

Lost Harry Potter #6

N has been borrowing my Harry Potter books for the past couple years. Many months ago, we discovered he couldn't find Book #6. I have decided to re-read 5, 6, and 7. I've only read 5 twice and 6 and 7 once. I only read six once because it was so awful and Harry was so whiney. After Book 6, I remember thinking when the rumors were coming out that it might be Harry who is killed in Book 7, "Good Riddance."

(Ms. Rowling allowed Harry to grow up and get over himself by Book 7, and it was a fantastic book where it didn't drag on too much. Losing Harry would have been a great disappointment.)

Anyway, I picked the last three books to read over because I've read one through four so many times. I told N he needed to search his room and locates #6 by the time I finish #5 or let me know now so I can order another one. He told me not to order one yet; he'd find it.

*****

I took N and J to get a haircut Sunday after church. I brought #5 to read. While I was waiting, I noticed a Harry Potter book under the counter. I asked them who was reading it. They told me no one; that it had been left there. I couldn't quite make out which one it was, so I had N take a look. He knew from the purple, dust-jacketless cover that it was #6.

We got to talking, and he said the ribbon on the bookmark in it looked like the ribbon on his Christmas ornament he made in second grade. I wondered if it was, and asked the ladies if the book had been there a long time. It had. We opened it, and sure enough, there was N's Christmas tree ornament with the word "NICK" written on it.

I guess N left my book behind months and months ago when he got a haircut and forgot that was the last place he saw it.

So I got my book back without having to buy another one, and I got it back before I finished #5.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

Haha! That's a great story. Lucky you didn't buy a new copy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home