Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pretty Peacock

We went to a park today. I was very lucky. A lot of the animals came close enough to me for me to get good photos. Unfortunately, the day was overcast, and the flash didn't light most things up enough. I lightened this guy up just a bit with Picasa. I don't think I've ever been quite this close to a peacock before for enought time to take pictures.

We also saw goats, chickens, rabbits, pigs, sheep, a horse, buffalo, otters, gray foxes, vultures, an eagle, hawks, a bobcat, owls, deer, and bears.

We did this in the afternoon. In the morning, I had a Cub Scout thing to do with the assistant cubmaster. Our pack needed to recharter, and I had to come along because I had to write the check. This year I am the pack's treasurer.

I sort of have a headache. I'm looking forward to getting a bath and going to bed.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Alycia said...

Gosh! What an animal filled day!!!

Hope you had a good sleep and the headache has gone!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I feel much better today. Thanks.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

We used to have peacocks when i was a kid, Fred and Wilma and Fred used to sit on my motorbike looking at himself in the mirror all day long, the most beautiful birds. They had babies Pebbles and Bam Bam hehe eventually they were just too much so we gave them to an animal park near home but i still love the noise of a peacock!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I can't imagine a pet peacock around here. I don't think they'd stay in our yard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home