Friday, January 20, 2012

LONG Thursday

Yesterday I had my first clinical of this semester. I had to be at a hospital for over 12 hours. We met at 6:30 a.m., and we didn't leave until about 7:10 p.m. It was dark and cold when I arrived, and the same when I left. It will take some getting used to for me to adjust for days that last so long and start so early. I was dragging a lot by three in the afternoon.

K missed me the most. She wasn't even up when I left and didn't get to say good morning to me. N and J weren't quite so concerned, but N had some homework he had hoped I'd help him with since it was computer related and Mr. K is not a computer person.

Our chickens have spent most of the week locked up. I saw a hawk attacking Psycho in the beginning of the week. We were lucky and she got away with what we think is minimal damage. She is my favorite chicken and one of the two chickens that are favorites of the kids. We are hoping the hawk will move on and look for dinner elsewhere once he gets used to there being no chickens around in the yard for a while. Mr. K let them out for about two hours this evening because he feels so sorry for them, but someone needs to stay out in the yard with them to discourage hawks from thinking we are running a buffet.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Yikes, that is a long day! I hope this semester flies for you.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks. I hope so too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home