J and I went to playgroup at the church today. I think about five other moms showed up today. For this group, that is a lot. One mom brought cupcakes with very gooey frosting. The mess was astounding.
We're having a friend of mine with three kids come over tomorrow. That should be interesting. I hope the weather allows us to be outside. There's a lot more to do outside. If I find time and inspiration this evening, I'll try to make a coffeecake. If not, I may run to the supermarket for one in a few minutes (once the kids are in bed). That's likeliest. I also need to get a loaf of bread. Last time they visited, at lunch we wiped out most of a loaf of bread making P.B. and J.s.
J got sent to her room just before dinner for refusing to clean up a mess she made in our family room. She quickly fell asleep. She's just waking up now, and it's nearly bedtime for her. She'll probably be hungry. I saved her some dinner. She may be what causes a problem with my running to the supermarket. I doubt she'll be going to sleep at bedtime; she'll just be getting up.
This weekend we are finally going to have a warm-up. This has been the coldest spring I've seen since I moved here eight years ago. I was going to complain to my mom because we've only been in the 60s for quite a while. She's only been in the 40s so I shut up.
I got some fake tanner at Target this morning. I'll probably use it a few times and then give up. I do that almost every year. I don't think I even bothered last year. I guess it's getting time to put on the tan-in-a-can.
J is starting to cry, fuss, and call "Mommy!" now. I need to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home