Mothers' Day
I called my mom yesterday to wish her a happy Mothers' Day. She left for a trip to England yesterday evening, so it will be nearly two weeks before I can call her. I had been planning to send her flowers, and I'm glad I didn't since she's not home to receive them.
N made me a cute card at preschool. He and J picked me a bouquet from the buttercups in the neighbor's lawn. They and my husband got me Season 2 of The A-Team on DVD. They got me Season 1 for Christmas.
I've been saying since the year The A-Team first came out, that it's the best TV show ever made. I'm still saying that over 20 years later. Okay, that probably says a lot about my taste in TV. I love action, car chases, explosions, and humor. I especially like shows where the good guys always win and the bad guys always lose. Perversion is pretty much kept in the closet. Sex isn't shown--merely hinted at. I like shows that are obviously phony. TV should be an escape from real life--entertainment. I hate a lot of the serious, depressing stuff.
I do like CSI sometimes, but I don't have time to see it often. It can be quite depressing. The evil and perversion are right out there in the open. I don't like that part. I do like the cool investigative techniques and probably fictitious databases, and I laugh at the way they seldom turn the lights on and investigate crimes by flashlight. CSI is interesting, but it just doesn't leave a good feeling the way The A-Team does.
Moving on...
We went fishing after church and the doughnut shop. We caught lots of little fish. Finally we remembered the camera and got pictures of J fishing. We forgot it on her first fishing trip.
I planted two kinds of beans today. I started preparing an area to plant cucumbers. I'll try to get to that tomorrow, along with putting in some scarlet runner beans that will grow up a bamboo "teepee."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home