Monday, May 08, 2006

Tapeworms!

I got my cat into the vet's today. She has tapeworms. She got a single pill to cure it. Now I need to keep her treated with Revolution to keep her from getting fleas (which is how she got the tapeworms) and other worms. The doctor didn't think it likely the kids would have tapeworms too, but I'll try to call the pediatrician tomorrow to make sure he agrees. Aiming a flashlight at their anuses while they sleep holds little appeal, but I'll do it if necessary. I don't even want to think about how I'd check myself for tapeworms. That's just not a task I'd want to share with anyone. I certainly hope the baby doesn't have them.

It's cold and rainy today. I'm so cold I just ate a bunch of milk chocolate chips. Being cold makes me eat a lot, and I'll pick all the wrong things.

I was on the phone with Mr. K's office person today. She's still in a fog from her surgery, but she's bored out of her mind and hopes to be back in the office Wednesday. I'm sure I'll still have a lot of her paperwork to do since she'll be functioning at a level far below normal, but I'm glad she came through her surgery okay. I finally got off my butt this morning and ordered flowers for her, but they are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Mr. K is still at work and it's almost 7 p.m. Unless he's in the habit of working late or he tells me first that he will be, I expect him home by 7 p.m. I'll probably wait until 7:10 or so, though to call him to find out what's up. I'm sure he's got a lot of extra work since one of his two technicians is answering the office phone now instead of working in the field.

The kids are fighting so I need to go.

4 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Angela said...

As far as I know, none of us have tapeworms, and we will do nothing unless I see one on someone's hind end. The pediatrician said that people get people tapeworms, but almost never get cat tapeworms. The cat has cat tapeworms. We need to aviod eating cat poop.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

We need to aviod eating cat poop.

Too funny :-) It's not that common for kids to get worms from pets. The ones most at risk are toddlers because they touch everything and then touch their face or mouth. We've never actually had worms but we still worm ourselves twice a year :-)

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Happy Mother's day Angela. I hope you have a peaceful day with your family :-)

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Brilly.

Mother's Day went fine. I spent it with the kids. My husband had to work half the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home