Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Too little time, too little sleep, and too much to do

That sums it up.

Mr. K's office person is back this week from her surgery. She was back for a day and a half last week, but had to leave the last day-and-a-half for a family funeral. The paperwork is extremely backed up. Last night, when I found a little time to work on mine, I connected to the office computer, only to find she was still there using the computer, so I diconnected. I didn't have any more time to work on it later. It will be this weekend before I get caught up the things I'm supposed to d.

Tomorrow night J is having an "art night" at her preschool. I think her class will be singing a couple songs. I'm trying to get Mr. K to go. The last couple years, when it was N in preschool, Mr. K would not know for sure if he'd be done working in time to attend until he showed up moments before the program began. I've warned J that her dad might not be able to come. The problem is that the evening program is at the end of the school year, which is Mr. K's busy time of year.

Yesterday I took K to a couple plant stores and got seedlings to start in my garden. I've been starting them from seed, also, but I started them so late that I won't get any fresh vegetables until very late if I don't buy some plants that are ready for planting. Plus, I still could kill off my little sprouts, and there really isn't time to start over. I have my own sprouts plus the seedlings I purchased sitting on my front porch. Now I need to find time to plant them. Mr. K is home so rarely that I just don't have time to garden because I'm watching the kids. I've done a few things (such as plant yellow wax beans) with K outside with me, but as soon as she wakes up, she cries uncontrollably.

We did find a tenant, but we wouldn't be surprised if she has trouble paying her rent on time. Mr. K got sick of wasting his time at the rental hoping people would show up, and we only got two applications in the entire time (three or four weeks) we've tried to rent the unit, so pickings are slim. Hopefully this tentant will work out, though.

Mr. K will work again this Sunday. We haven't been to church since the day before K was induced. I don't take the kids to church unless Mr. K goes.

I invited a friend with her kids over this coming Friday. She can't come because her family is getting over a cold, and we don't want to give it to K. I'd enjoy seeing her, but I'm also relieved I don't have to rush around trying to clean up my messy house.

After I pick up J from preschool, we have to go to my family doctor. I'm going to try again to see if she can fix my heel spurs. The pain has been awful. She couldn't do anything other than give me excercises to do while I was pregnant, but now I'm not pregnant nor nursing so I could take anti-inflamatory medicine and have an X-ray, if necessary. What I'd really like is a referral to a good podiatrist.

I need to pack J a lunch to eat in the car at the doctor's, feed K and me, and get K into a clean diaper so we are ready to go from J's preschool to the doctor's parking lot.

2 Comments:

At 3:33 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Nice to have you back Angela. I was on the verge of posting an "are you OK?" comment :-)

We have Education Week at school this week and G wasn't able to attend :-( It was OK because my Mum is visiting and she got to come along.

I know how hard it is to plant with a pre schooler around, they want to help but usually slow you down or squash the newly planted seedlings (or drown them)

I hope it all works out with your tenant :-) It was good of your friend to cry off coming around. I know people who still would have visited.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for your concern. I haven't had much time for the computer lately. I'd rather sleep if I have the chance in the evening. I'm no longer watching any evening TV. I used to try to catch House on Tuesday nights and Red Green on Saturday nights, but now I just go to bed if I can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home