Friday, June 01, 2007

None


Here is a picture of K I took last night. Her hair is filling in, she's getting taller, and I think she's slimming down a bit now that she walks everywhere.

J, K, and I went to the gym today. Then we went to the library, and K picked out some videos she wants to watch. Unfortunately, I think my RF modulator is broken a little, and the videos come in very poorly. My TV is old and only has a coaxial cable connection, and the DVD player is newer and has lots of colored plug connections instead of coaxial cable. I need to use the RF modulator to convert the signal from the colored plugs to a signal in a coaxial cable, which can hook up to the TV. I run the VCR through the RF modulator, too, even though it has coaxial cable. I do this so I only have one cable to use for both the DVD player and the VCR, which I switch out with the rabbit ear antenna when I want to see a video or DVD. Boring, I know.

I ordered a new cookbook from Amazon.com. I also ordered a new RF modulator, and together they cost enough to get the free shipping. I just have no idea how long it will take for them to arrive. I probably need another cookbook like I'd need another leg. I saw this one at a friend of mine's house, and it looked great. When I first got married, I had even more cookbooks than I do now, but I couldn't cook; I just collected them. Mr. K forbid me to get any more cookbooks since it appeared that I didn't use them. I pretty much ignored him, but I got rid of those I'd never use, and I had to learn how to cook so we'd have food to eat.

Now I get cookbooks occasionally. I get rid of ones that don't turn out so useful. Mr. K hasn't said a word, but then I cook dinner almost every night, and I often bake cakes or cookies so it's obvious I'm using my cookbooks.

Here I am getting another cookbook, and I've got lots of stuff sitting around that I want to read but just can't find the time. Another book I've had a hold on just arrived at the library this afternoon so I need to run up there to get it. I do this to myself.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm another hoarder of cookbooks, unfortunately i don't use mine much at all, i go through phases...

K is such a cutie, i showed H the pic and he smiled and pointed at the screen, hehe he's in love already!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Yes, I go through phases, too, but I still have to cook almost every night. It's a matter of trying a new recipe or just doing something like roasting a chicken, for which I don't use a recipe. I always use a recipe to make dinner rolls, though, and I make them about once a week (using the bread machine to produce the dough).

Isn't it cute the way babies love to look at pictures of other babies? K's in love with pictures of H, too. She points and smiles and tries to touch the monitor.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

My granny loves cookbooks too. She has a ton, and she never uses them. I am going to get some of hers, though, and bake things. I love cookbooks.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I got my old (early 70s) collection of Time Life Foods of the World cookbooks from my grandma. I still love looking at them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home