Monday, June 25, 2007

Computer, food

It's been moderately hot and humid today, but overcast. It keeps looking like rain, and we sure could use some, but I don't think it will actually make it here. The storms are to the northwest, in the mountains.

I made it to the gym today. Last week I only made it twice. Because of N's fever, I couldn't go the third time. He's still got a sore throat, but the fever passed days ago.

I got the new Nancy Drew video game, The White Wolf of Icicle Creek, and it won't run on my computer. My video card isn't good enough. This is the first one that won't run on it, but N, J, and I are very disappointed. I felt so bad that I ordered the four games that are already out that we don't have yet. (I think I have ten of them, but not in order, already.)

My computer turns five this year, I think. It's so much trouble to set up a new computer the way I want it that I dread getting another, plus they are so expensive. I'm offering to send my dad the game since he got a new computer last year that will probably run it. I want him to send it back, though, when I have a new computer in a year or whatever. He hasn't answered my e-mail. I think he's either hoping it will go away or trying to come up with a polite way to tell me he's not interested in video games or Nancy Drew.

We had an excellent main course Saturday. I made a recipe called Boston Baked Cod, only I didn't have cod so I used tilapia. It was very, very good. I also served green beans from the garden. They will soon be going out our ears so I'll have to blanch and freeze them.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

We usually have a day for canning green beans in around August. My Granny always puts up more than enough jars. We have a ton of them left from last summer.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I guess you need to have green beans for dinner every night until August to be ready for this year's supply ;). I don't know how to can yet. Someday I hope to find time to learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home