Just Life
I was holding K and looking at Janet Evanovich's web site, when I realized K went limp. I popped her in bed. I'd been trying to get her to nap for a couple hours because she's been so fussy today.
The friend with whom K and I have lunch with every month or so had taken the day off work today, so she stopped by this morning. We loaded everyone in the car, and went through McDonald's drivethrough, so she even stayed for lunch. I haven't seen her since May. Taking all the kids to lunch at El Toro Loco just wouldn't work out.
Next week I'm working at the nursery for N and J's vacation Bible school (called Loreto at their church). I'm dreading it. I just found out today I'm supposed to keep the kids entertained. I thought all I had to do was watch them and assure they were safe and clean. Yikes! I think they will range in age from one to four. K will be there with me. I don't much like small children in a general sense. I hope it will go better than I fear. I think I'd better get some crayons and some coloring pages together. I got a bunch of 24-packs of crayons on sale at Walmart for 22 cents apiece at a back-to-school promotion. I think there will be about six kids. I think it will last three to four hours each day. I won't know for sure until I get there. Loreto lasts two weeks, but I'm only volunteering in the nursery the first week. N and J will be attending both weeks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home