Friday, July 25, 2008

None, general rambling

I made a single layer round chocolate cake this afternoon with a ganache-type frosting. My neighbor, Mr. T, turned 56 today, so we took him a couple bottles of mead and the cake, sang happy birthday to him, and had cake. I had to keep the cake, though, because it needs to go in the refrigerator due to the type of icing.

At the neighborhood pool, Friday nights from 6 to 9 p.m. are "Float Nights." You can bring flotation equipment to the pool. We picked up three "noodles" earlier this week just for the event. I swear it was like PTA night at the pool. I recognized quite a few of the parents, and the kids recognized lots of friends from school. Kate was finally shivering enough that I insisted we leave after about an hour at the pool. It was late enough in the day, I didn't need to worry about her lack of sunscreen.

The kids are begging to go back to the pool this weekend. I wish I liked the water better. It's so much trouble to get them all in their suits and then to get the suits rinsed and hung with the towels after each swim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home