Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cub Scout Picnic

We had a Cub Scout picnic this evening. It was a bring-your-own-food kind of an event. I got sub sandwiches from a sub shop. Mr. K added Doritos, and I had made chocolate cupcakes earlier in the day.

I talked to quite a few people, starting with my friend who got her masters in library science working on-line while her daughter was in preschool. She now works at the library at my community college. I asked her if one still has to look up journals and magazines in the big green books and then hand a request slip to the librarian. I am going to need such references to do my two essays in the class I am taking. She laughed at me and told me it was all done by computer. In fact, I can view journals and magazines right from my computer at home, without having to go to the library. She also told me I can check out a skeleton from the library if I want to come in.

Mr. K went on a walk and brought me back a bag of paw paws he found in the woods. We knew this park has them. I ate a couple, and a few other people were willing to try them. Then a couple more people wanted to go find some themselves. While they were gone, it began thundering so the Cubmaster declared the picnic over. I loaded my stuff in the trunk. When Mr. K and the paw paw hunters returned, we left.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Libraries are great these days. I can do almost everything online, just have to go in and pick up the books. I've never looked into what they have in their reference section online, I'll have to look.

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

Yeah we have just joined our local library, i need to figure out how to do all the stuff online though i never really pay that much attention!

Picnic sounds fun, i hate paw paws but they are quite pricey here at times so i've heard so its good to get them growing wild!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Do we call the same thing a paw paw?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home