Friday, December 21, 2012

First Day of Kids' Christmas Vacation

I slept in today until 7:45 a.m.  I'd been getting up an hour earlier most days since my vacation started so I could drive J to school early for recorder practice.  Now that's done for a while.

The kids, of course, got up and fought over my Kindle.  We've never had anything like it before, and everyone but Mr. K wants to use it all the time.  I put a Medscape app on it this morning and tried a little Angry Birds.

Around 10 a.m., the younger two neighbor girls came over to play with J and K.  I think they are 13 and 8.  N hates them, but he hates all girls so that is nothing new.    N is happy playing Slash'em on the computer (advanced version of Nethack).

J and I wrote a couple thank you notes this morning.  She for her birthday and I for some cash gifts that have arrived for the family and for chocolates from my oldest (longest-time) friend in Nebraska.

If the girls will find the motivation to go, we are caroling with the girl scout troop this evening at a local hospital.  I'm hoping at least one of them will want to go without nagging.  Tomorrow night is when J and I go on the tacky lights tour with the troop.

Once the neighbors leave, we really need to get the house cleaned up some.  The girls and N unloaded their school bags in my living room, and they need to take them to their rooms since they won't be needed for a couple weeks.

Above is a picture of some of the fancy chocolates my friend sent me.  They were almost too pretty to eat, but not quite.  They are all gone now.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Those are pretty chocolates. I think I am getting people candy and restaurant gift cards this year. It's too hard to go shopping for interesting things while I"m lugging around this baby. He's 6 lbs, but feels more like 50.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I have forgotten, Andrea. When are you due? My first baby only was 5 lb, 14 oz, but he wsa four weeks early.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I am due end of January. The 28th is the official date, but I suspect I"ll be more like February 1st. He is 6 lbs 4 oz right now, so he's on target weight wise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home