Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmas to All

We were up at 7 a.m.  That's when the kids are allowed to get us up on Christmas.  We heard the pitter patter of little feet (or thumping) starting around 6:30 a.m.  It got really loud in the last 30 seconds before 7. 

I had to feed the cat before we started or she'd have driven us crazy.  The kids seem pretty happy with their presents.  N's big present was a Lego technic set (front end loader?).  J's was a telescope.  K just got a bunch of small things since that was what was on her list.  One of her nicer things was a lap desk.  Both girls got journals and are writing away.  N is busy with Lego.  It's a hard kit to put together.


I'm trying to roast the duck.  I had no idea how much fat and bones there would be and how little meat.  I guess it's a good thing the kids really do not want any since there is so little meat on the duck.

Mr. K got me the presents on the list I gave him.  The most interesting one I got a couple days early.  It is a meyer lemon tree.  I need to get a new pot for it and re-pot it.  Then I need to find a good window in which to put it to get enough sun this winter.  I also got a couple crepe cookbooks.  Mr. K made me a wooden spoon out of bamboo from out yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home