Saturday, December 22, 2012

Weekend





This is a picture of one of the two oregon grapes (mahonia) that I got for my birthday.  They are prickly like a holly, and they bloom in the winter around here.  It's not the most attractive plant, but anything with flowers in the winter is welcome.  I have camellias, winter honeysuckle, lenten rose, and a few pansies.  All of these plants bloom at different times during the time I would call winter.

Mr. K took J to her horseback riding lessons.  Her play conflicted with her Wednesday night lessons so he was able to move her lesson to today. 

N has been spending as much time as I allow playing games on the computer.  J and K have been playing with the neighbor girls.  They've been playing both inside and outdoors.  Quite often I will  look out my window to the back yard and see a flock of girls in my mulberry tree.

A friend of mine from school offered me Lego for N when she picked up around her house.  Her boys have lots of Lego, they don't use it much, and they've mixed up the different sets and will never get it sorted back out.  I told her N does this but makes new things combining the sets.  She told me her boys still had plenty of Lego still in sets, and that she wanted to get rid of these pieces that are hanging around.  I told her I'd be delighted to get it for Nick.  I got to her house, and on her porch was a paper grocery bag FULL of zip-lock bags of Lego.  I was stunned.  Lego is very expensive, and I can't imagine just getting rid of so much.  I asked her if that was all for me.  She said it was, and so was the trash bag next to it. 

I think it was over twice the amount of Lego N already had.  It even had some remote control pieces N was thinking of getting to use with the motor piece he had just purchased.  Anyway, N is still sorting through the Lego.   It is astounding.  My friend refused any payment for the Lego and assured me her boys have so much that they would never miss this.




Here is a picture of the Lego before N got his hands on it.  Anyway, he loves it and is so thrilled to have it.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Wow, that is a lot of Legos. My husband has already been talking about getting some for our son, ha. You know, I bet she was getting tired of stepping on them.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Wait until you see how much Lego sets cost and how large the boxes are in comparison to the amount of Lego inside them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home