Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Stupid refrigerator

My refrigerator is still freezing stuff, so I moved its setting some more. I went to make a salad with a package of pre-washed spring greens. They were frozen. I looked at the bottle of water my son refills and keeps in the freezer. It was frozen. I looked at the ziplock bag of pumpkin pulp my husband froze last summer when we harvested pumpkins. I moved it from the freezer to the refrigerator Sunday so that it would thaw and I could serve it with dinner. It's still frozen solid. I sure hope I can get the refrigerator adjusted properly. I really can't afford to buy another right now.

My money is going to go towards three airplane tickets. I plan on taking my kids home to see our families next month. I guess home isn't really the word anymore. I haven't lived there in over eight years. K hasn't lived there in ten years. Right now to use the airports I insist upon, each ticket is nearly $400. My husband can't get away from work (the joys of running one's own business) so I'll be on my own with both kids for over a week. Oh, and the $400 per person doesn't take into account the car rental. This will be expensive. We don't go often. Last I went home, we all drove back the summer of 2003. K's business had a lot of problems while he was out of town for the week, and he says he'll never leave for that long again.

K forgot and left his chainsaw out in the rain. He was spraying the thing with WD-40 this evening, but I don't know if it still works. If we need to replace it, that will also be another expensive item.

N had "Lunch Bunch" at preschool today so I didn't have to pick him up until 2 p.m. today. J fell asleep just after lunch (something that rarely happens). I had to take care of some stuff over the phone with my husband's office person and the bill for our credit card machine. Then I had free time since J was asleep. Before she woke me up, I actually had about a half-hour nap! My cat, Brenna, slept on my head and purred me to sleep. It's been a long, long time since Brenna and I have napped together.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Moon-spinner,

I just went to their web site, and they don't cover either city I'm going to fly between. That's probably why the fares are so high--there's no competition from the discount airlines. I'm unwilling to use any other airports than the one near me and the one near my mom's. I'll have to pay to be so picky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home