Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Busy

I'm not sure if we hit 100 °F today, but we were supposed to. I spent most of the day indoors, waiting for the tow truck to pick up our old truck and take it to the repair shop. A tow truck was supposed to arrive by 1 p.m., but they were so busy and had break-d0wns, so another company got our case. The tow truck didn't arrive until almost 4:30 p.m.

I called my mom today. I hadn't spoken to her in a while. She had called me a few times since my visit. I was waiting for her to call again, but she didn't. She thought I was mad at her because I hadn't called. I wasn't mad--just lazy and busy. I was waiting for her call.

My husband's office person is on vacation this week. I've got lots of extra paperwork in the evenings in order to keep everything caught up. Yesterday I did part of payroll and some invoicing that I don't normally do. Today I had to enter some invoices that had been left with customers and finish payroll. Tomorrow I know I have to prepare the last deposit of the month, but I may have to do more invoicing. That seems to take forever.

The heat has been hard on my husband since he works out in it all day. He came home looking very old and tired. He fell asleep for a while before making a sandwich for dinner. Fortunately in two days the heat should break.

One of my friends is having a get-together at her house tomorrow evening for drinks and a movie. The idea is to leave the kids with daddy and get some time by ourselves. Unfortunately, because of the extra paperwork I need to do, I will be unable to go. Too bad it didn't fall on a different week, when catching up on work the next night wouldn't be so tough.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm lucky I haven't had to work outdoors all day in the heat since I was in college, working at a summer camp. It is really hard work, and people look so worn out and ill at the end of the day. Don't you hate having sweat roll off you forehead and into your eyes?

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Angela, I'm sorry you won't be able to go to the get-together. If it's more convenient, we can have one at my house. It's a mess right now, but I'm sure I could get it clean before you got here. ;)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Amber,

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to have to decline; my kids would have to come with me. Although, if they did, you wouldn't need to clean because they'd trash your home in five minutes anyway.

Angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home